Margo Kinzer Courter began her speech-language pathology career in inpatient pediatric rehabilitation. From there, she moved to an outpatient clinic that specializes in language-based learning disabilities. Her medical and educational background of language and language disorders has provided the foundation of her 30-year career as a speech-language pathologist.
She continues to do therapy and currently owns and is the lead speech-language pathologist at Courter Communications, a private practice in Florida that provides school and clinic-based services.
Margo is board certified, an international presenter, and consultant on language disorders. She is the 2013 recipient of the Nancy McKinley Leadership and Mentoring Award from OSSPEAC and she received the 2016 Distinguished Teaching and Outstanding Contribution to the Education Profession award from the Bureau of Education and Research. She’s the author of three practical speech and language books, all available on her website, courtercommunications.com..
Deep Dive Study Group: Tell Me a Story: Targeting All Language Skills through Narrative Development (PreK-High School)
Description: The ability to retell a story depends on so many language skills. As research supports, morphosyntax is a major factor in auditory and reading comprehension. One also has to have the vocabulary skills to support understanding. Pragmatic skills, supralinguistic skills and executive function also go hand in hand for narrative development. This Deep Dive Study Group course will explore how to use narrative development to support all areas of language development.
Dates & Agenda:
- Session 1 (1.5 hrs): What Are My Student’s Narrative Skills and Where Do I Begin Therapy?, Sun, October 1, 2pm PDT/5pm EDT
- Session 2 (1.5 hrs): Now That I Have Evaluated, Where Do I Start for Therapy?/Targeting Vocabulary Through Narrative Development, Sun, October 15, 2pm PDT/5pm EDT
- Session 3 (1.5 hrs): Boosting Morphosyntax, Supralinguistic Skills and Executive Function (including pragmatics), Sun, October 22, 2pm PDT/5pm EDT
- Session 4 (1.5 hrs): Writing Narratives, More Strategies, & Bringing All the Pieces Together, Sun, October 29, 2pm PDT/5pm EDT
Are you ready to take your skills to the next level?
By registering for a Deep Dive Study Group you are agreeing to our Participant Agreement.
Refund Policy: You must email firstname.lastname@example.org for all refund requests within seven days of purchase. Requests received after that, until seven days from the start of the Deep Dive Study Group, will be eligible for credit to apply to another Deep Dive Study Group within 12 months of purchase. Credit may transfer to another person. No refund or credit from seven days prior to the start of the group.
*Groups that do not meet the minimum of 10 enrollees may be canceled, and a refund will be issued within 30 days.
- Limited to the first 20 people to enroll (must have a minimum of 10*).
- A one-year Professional subscription to SpeechTherapyPD.com is included for non-subscribers.
- 4 guided 90-minute group discussions and lessons.
- Each session will begin with a mentor presentation followed by a group discussion of case studies and applications.
- Bring specific case studies to be discussed.
- Discussion group available during the week for your cohort on The SLP Hub community forum.
- Post-group access to the private mentor group discussion forum.
- Pre-requisite courses assigned by the mentor may be required.
- Sessions will be recorded for future reference and in case of a missed session.
- Sessions are offered for ASHA CEUs (must attend live).
Why choose Deep Dive Study Groups?
SpeechTherapyPD.com Deep Dive Study Groups include a Professional Subscription (access 1000+ CE courses through webinars, seminars, and podcasts, plus get full access to The SLP Hub), four 90-minute interactive sessions, and post-group access to a peer private discussion forum. If you’re not currently a Professional Subscriber, this will cost $359. If you’re already a Professional Subscriber, you’ll pay $160.
On average, six hours of 1:1 consultant calls can cost anywhere between $600 and $1,050 – And that’s without access to an entire library of courses available for ASHA CEUs and support through a private discussion forum. With the SpeechTherapyPD.com Deep Dive Study Group, you get so much more. This is truly an opportunity for ongoing education, cohort support, and group support through the private discussion forum. The value can’t be beat!
Book a 1:1 Consultant Call
- 1:1 Consultant Video Call: $150 per hour
- Subject to availability
- Pay only when your appointment is confirmed
Submit your application, which will include topics and/or questions you would like to discuss
Acceptance via email (DO NOT Pay until your appointment has been confirmed)
Make Your Payment
Refund Policy: You must email email@example.com immediately for all refund/credit requests. You have 7 days from the date of purchase to cancel and receive 100% refund. After that, until 7 days from the start of the Deep Dive course or 1:1 consultant call, you will receive a credit to apply to another Deep Dive Study Group or 1:1 consultant call within 12 months of purchase. May transfer to another person. No refund or credit from 7 days prior to the start of the course.