Anna Vagin, PhD, is a licensed speech/language pathologist with over 30 years experience. Currently in private practice in Marin County, she provides individual sessions and social learning groups to families and children in third grade through young adulthood. Her particular interest is using media and games to support social learning in students with diagnoses such as Autism Spectrum Disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder, Nonverbal Learning Disability, Language Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Social Communication Disorder or Twice Exceptional.
Deep Dive Study Group: Thinking about Thought & Communication: How Mental Processes Shape Sense of Self
Description: Thought processes, and the mental state verbs (MSV) representing them, are invisible, yet they shape our sense of ourselves. They underlie cognition and are critical for discourse, academic success, social understanding, and conversational competence. We will deeply dive into how the way our students think about thinking shapes their communicative lives, and how we can support that learning.
Dates & Agenda:
Are you ready to take your skills to the next level?
Registration for this group has closed. More sessions coming in 2024! Join the waitlist for access to early registration.
- Limited to the first 20 people to enroll (must have a minimum of 10*).
- A one-year Professional subscription to SpeechTherapyPD.com is included for non-subscribers.
- 4 guided 90-minute group discussions and lessons.
- Each session will begin with a mentor presentation followed by a group discussion of case studies and applications.
- Bring specific case studies to be discussed.
- Discussion group available during the week for your cohort on The SLP Hub community forum.
- Post-group access to the private mentor group discussion forum.
- Pre-requisite courses assigned by the mentor may be required.
- Sessions will be recorded for future reference and in case of a missed session.
- Sessions are offered for ASHA CEUs (must attend live).
Why choose Deep Dive Study Groups?
SpeechTherapyPD.com Deep Dive Study Groups include a Professional Subscription (access 1000+ CE courses through webinars, seminars, and podcasts, plus get full access to The SLP Hub), four 90-minute interactive sessions, and post-group access to a peer private discussion forum. If you’re not currently a Professional Subscriber, this will cost $359. If you’re already a Professional Subscriber, you’ll pay $160.
On average, six hours of 1:1 consultant calls can cost anywhere between $600 and $1,050 – And that’s without access to an entire library of courses available for ASHA CEUs and support through a private discussion forum. With the SpeechTherapyPD.com Deep Dive Study Group, you get so much more. This is truly an opportunity for ongoing education, cohort support, and group support through the private discussion forum. The value can’t be beat!
Book a 1:1 Consultant Call
- 1:1 Consultant Video Call: $175 per hour
- Subject to availability
- Pay only when your appointment is confirmed
Submit your application, which will include topics and/or questions you would like to discuss
Acceptance via email (DO NOT Pay until your appointment has been confirmed)
Make Your Payment
Refund Policy: You must email email@example.com immediately for all refund/credit requests. You have 7 days from the date of purchase to cancel and receive 100% refund. After that, until 7 days from the start of the Deep Dive course/consultant call, you will receive a credit to apply to another Deep Dive group or 1:1 consultant call within 12 months of purchase. May transfer to another person. No refund or credit from 7 days prior to the start of the course.
*Groups that do not meet the minimum of 10 enrollees will be canceled, and a refund will be issued within 30 days.