TERMS OF AGREEMENT
This Mentee Agreement between the above-named presenter (“you”) and Video Continuing Education, LLC (VCE) an Oregon limited liability company (DBA SpeechTherapyPD.com – STPD) (the “Company,” “us,” or “we”), is made and entered into as of the date set forth above. In consideration of the mutual covenants contained herein, and the service provided, which you acknowledge is adequate and sufficient, the parties agree as follows:
- Mentee will conduct professionally during all contact with the Mentor
- Mentee will provide accurate information on the application
- Mentee will abide by procedure and policy of the Mentorship Program
- Mentee will not schedule sessions without informing SpeechTherapyPD.com
- Mentee understands the refund policy set forth by SpeechTherapyPD.com
- Mentee understands that Video Continuing Education does not endorse or evaluate any products or services provided by the mentors.
- Mentee will not hold STPD or any of its employees or contractors liable for use for any reason.
- Indemnification: You agree to indemnify and hold the Company, and our owners, officers, employees, other interviewees, customers, agents, and representatives, harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, costs, liabilities, damages and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from or related to: any negligent, reckless, or intentionally wrongful act by you or your agents or representatives.
- Notices. All communications given pursuant to this Agreement shall be in a writing signed by the party to be bound and shall be deemed effectively given upon the earlier of actual receipt or: (a) personal delivery to the party to be notified; (b) when sent, if sent, with delivery confirmation, by electronic means during normal business hours of the recipient, and if not sent during normal business hours, then on the recipient’s next business day; (c) three (3) days after having been sent by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested, postage prepaid; or (d) one (1) business day after deposit with a nationally recognized overnight carrier, freight prepaid, specifying next business day delivery, with written verification of receipt, if sent to the Interviewee at the address noted above, or to the Company at its principal office address, or to such other address as subsequently modified by written notice given in accordance herewith.
- Governing Law; Attorneys’ Fees: This Agreement shall be deemed to be made and performed in and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. The exclusive venue and jurisdiction for the resolution of any dispute that the parties are unable to so resolve in good faith shall lie in the federal and state courts located in King County in the State of Washington, and the parties hereby consent to the jurisdiction thereof. If any action at law or in equity is necessary to enforce or interpret the terms of this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reasonable attorneys’ fees, costs, and necessary disbursements in addition to any other relief to which such party may be entitled.
- Miscellaneous: The parties intend this Agreement to constitute the complete, exclusive, and fully integrated statement of their agreement with respect to its subject matter; as such, this Agreement is the sole expression of their agreement, and they are not bound by any other agreements of whatsoever kind or nature. All subsequent modifications of this Agreement shall be in a writing signed by the parties. You may not assign, delegate, or subcontract any of your rights or duties under this Agreement, by operation of law or otherwise, without the written consent of the Company. In the event any provision of this Agreement shall be invalid, illegal or otherwise unenforceable, the validity, legality, and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall in no way be affected or impaired thereby. Nothing herein shall limit the right of set-off with respect to any amounts payable to you. The headings in this Agreement are for convenience of reference only and will not affect in any way the meaning or interpretation of this Agreement. As used herein, the plural includes the singular, the singular includes the plural. As used herein, the word “including” shall mean including without limitation. This Agreement has been negotiated by the Parties and their respective representatives, and the rule of construction to the effect that any ambiguities are resolved against the drafting Party shall not be employed in the interpretation of this Agreement. This Agreement and any amendments hereto may be executed in multiple counterparts, each of which when executed, shall be deemed an original, but which counterparts together shall constitute one and the same instrument. This Agreement and any amendments or documents delivered pursuant hereto may be executed electronically through any reputable digital signature application, or signatures may be delivered by other electronic means, including, facsimile, email, or attachment to email, all of which shall be binding and equally effective as if such original signature was delivered in-person, by postal mail, or by any other legitimate means. No party shall raise the use of electronic means for signing or delivering a signature as a defense to the enforcement of this Agreement or any amendment executed in compliance with this Section. No delay or omission by the Company in exercising any right under this Agreement shall operate as a waiver of that or any other right. A waiver or consent given by the Company on any one occasion shall be effective only in that instance and shall not be construed as a bar or waive of any right on any other occasion.
As the company, SpeechTherapyPD.com provide the following:
- Facilitate contact and communication between Mentor and Mentee
- Provide Zoom link to the designated time set by the Mentor and Mentee
- Ensure that the group sessions will be available for ASHA CEUs (1:1 sessions will not be available for ASHA CEU’s)
Acceptance of the Terms of Service
These terms of service are entered into by and between you and Video Continuing Education, LLC (“Company,” “we,” or “us”). The following terms and conditions, together with any documents they expressly incorporate by reference (collectively, “Terms of Service”), govern your access to and use of SpeechTherapyPD.com, including any content, functionality, and services offered on or through SpeechTherapyPD.com (the “Website”), whether as a guest or a registered user.
Changes to the Terms of Service
We may revise and update these Terms of Service from time to time in our sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately when we post them, and apply to all access to and use of the Website thereafter. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of revised Terms of Service means that you accept and agree to the changes. You are expected to check this page frequently so you are aware of any changes, as they are binding on you.
The Website provides a service to you, including without limitation allowing you to search and view content, use any and all features and functionalities, the Website itself, and user interfaces, as well as all content and software associated with the Website (“our service” or “the service”).
Membership and Registration
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this Website or portions of it using your user name, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
We have the right to disable any user name, password, or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by us, at any time in our sole discretion for any or no reason, including if, in our opinion, you have violated any provision of these Terms of Service.
Your membership will continue and automatically renew until terminated. To use our service, you must have internet access, an internet-ready device, and provide us with one or more current, valid, accepted method of payment (“Payment Method”). Payment Methods may be updated from time to time.
You can cancel your membership at any time, and you will continue to have access to the service through the end of your billing period. To cancel, go to the “Account” page on our website and follow the instructions for cancellation. If you cancel your membership, your account will automatically close at the end of your current billing period. You must cancel your membership before it renews to avoid billing of the membership fees for your next billing cycle to your Payment Method.
To use our service, you must provide one or more Payment Methods. You authorize us to charge any Payment Method associated with your account in case your primary Payment Method is declined or no longer available to us for payment of your subscription fee. You remain responsible for any uncollected amounts. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not cancel your account, we may suspend your access to the service until we have successfully charged a valid Payment Method. For some Payment Methods, the issuer may charge your certain fees relating to the processing of your Payment Method. Check with your Payment Method service provider for details.
The membership fee for the service and other charges you may incur in connection with your use of the service, such as taxes and possible transaction fees, will be charged to your Payment Method on the specified billing date indicated on your “Account” page. The length of your billing cycle will depend on the type of subscription that you choose when you sign up for the service. Membership fees are fully earned upon payment. Visit our website and click the “Billing details” link on the “Account” page to see your next payment date. We may authorize your Payment Method in anticipation of membership or service-related charges through various methods, including authorizing it up to approximately one month of service as soon as you register. In some instances, your available balance or credit limit may be reduced to reflect the authorization during your free trial period.
You can update your Payment Methods by going to the “Account” page. We may also update your Payment Methods by using information provided by the payment service providers. Following any update, you authorize us to continue to charge the applicable Payment Method.
We reserve the right to change our subscription plans or adjust pricing for our service or any components thereof in any manner and at any time as we may determine in our sole and absolute discretion. Except as otherwise expressly provided for in these Terms of Service, any price changes or changes to your subscription plan will take effect following notice to you.
Payments are nonrefundable and there are no refunds or credits for partially used periods. Following any cancellation, however, you will continue to have access to our service through the end of your current billing period. At any time, and for any reason, we may provide a refund, discount, or other consideration to some or all of our members (“credits”). The amount and form of such credits, and the decision to provide them, are at our sole and absolute discretion. The provision of credits in one instance does not entitle you to credits in the future or similar instances, nor does it obligate us to provide credits in the future, under any circumstance.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website and for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms of Service and comply with them.
The quality of the display of our content may vary from device to device and may be affected by a variety of factors, such as your location, the bandwidth available through and the speed of your internet connection. You are responsible for all internet access charges. Please check with your internet provider for information on possible internet data usage charges. We make no representations or warranties about the quality of your watching experience on your display.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by the Company, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
These Terms of Service permit you to use the Website for your personal, non-commercial use only and only for the duration of your membership. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store, or transmit any of the material on our Website, except as follows:
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Website or any services or materials available through the Website.
If you print, copy, modify, download, or otherwise use or provide any other person with access to any part of the Website in breach of the Terms of Service, your right to use the Website will stop immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made. No right, title, or interest in or to the Website or any content on the Website is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by the Company. Any use of the Website not expressly permitted by these Terms of Service is a breach of these Terms of Service and may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
The Company name, the Company logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
You may use the Website only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms of Service. You agree not to use the Website:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use, or re-use any material in a manner that does not comply these Terms of Service.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses or other names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Website, or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website, or for any other purpose not expressly authorized in these Terms of Service, without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
Reliance on Information Posted
Unless otherwise indicated, the information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Website includes content provided by third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Changes to the Website
We may update the content on this Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Website
Links from the Website
If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
The Company is based in the State of Oregon in the United States. We provide this Website for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
This Website is offered and available to users who 18 years of age or older and reside in the United States or any of its territories or possessions. By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with the Company and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Website.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COLLECTIVE LIABILITY OF THE COMPANY AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, AND DIRECTORS, TO ANY PARTY (REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO THE COMPANY FOR THE APPLICABLE CONTENT, PRODUCT, OR SERVICE IN THE LAST TWELVE MONTHS OUT OF WHICH LIABILITY AROSE.
The limitation of liability set out above does not apply to liability resulting from our gross negligence or willful misconduct.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Company, its affiliates, licensors, and service providers, and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors, and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms of Service or your use of the Website, including, but not limited to, any use of the Website’s content, services, and products other than as expressly authorized in these Terms of Service, or your use of any information obtained from the Website.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
All matters relating to the Website and these Terms of Service, and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto (in each case, including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Oregon without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Oregon or any other jurisdiction).
Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these Terms of Service or the Website shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of Oregon although we retain the right to bring any suit, action, or proceeding against you for breach of these Terms of Service in your country of residence or any other relevant country. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
Limitation on Time to File Claims
ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR THE WEBSITE MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES; OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
Waiver and Severability
No waiver by the Company of any term or condition set out in these Terms of Service shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure of the Company to assert a right or provision under these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
If any provision of these Terms of Service is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms of Service will continue in full force and effect.
Your Comments and Concerns
This website is operated by Video Continuing Education, LLC. All feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to email@example.com.