Char Boshart is a speech-language pathologist, author, seminar presenter, and president and co-founder of Speech Dynamics, Inc. She graduated with her Master’s degree from Western Michigan University under the extraordinary tutelage of Dr. Charles Van Riper, the “father” of articulation therapy during the final years of his illustrious career. Char began her career in the public schools in the early 70’s with a caseload of over 110 children. Since then, she has worked many years in the public schools, developed and ran her own private practice, and, for seven years was an Assistant Professor and Department Chair of the Speech Pathology and Audiology Department at Loma Linda University in southern California. Her interest in creating effective therapy techniques has evolved into the development of several practical articulation publications, videos (articulation and language), and articles.
Deep Dive Study Group 1: “R” Remediation: Up-Close and Personal
Description: “R” Remediation: Up-Close and Personal: The interactive “R” Remediation Deep Dive Study Group course is tailored to the needs of the SLPs and their clients. The content provides necessary foundational info about /r/ that relates to therapy application, but primarily focuses on the details of analysis and therapy through interaction, sharing, and Q&A. Attendees are encouraged to implement the therapy tasks with at least one child/student.
Dates & Agenda:
- Session 1 (1.5 hrs): /r/ Production Components and Comparisons; Analysis, Sun, Oct 1, 4pm PDT/7pm EDT
- Session 2 (1.5 hrs): /r/ Potential Oral Obstacles; Intro to Therapy, Sun, Oct 8, 4pm PDT/7pm EDT
- Session 3 (1.5 hrs): Capability-Building Therapy Tasks + Therapy Sensory Assists, Sun, Oct 15, 4pm PDT/7pm EDT
- Session 4 (1.5 hrs): Combining Components and Stimming a Good /r/; Solidification and Carryover, Sun, Oct 22, 4pm PDT/7pm EDT
Are you ready to take your skills to the next level?
Deep Dive Study Group 2: “S” Remediation: Up-Close and Personal
Description: The interactive “S” remediation Deep Dive Study Group course is tailored to the needs of the SLP mentee and their clients. The content provides necessary foundational info about /s/ that relates to therapy application, but primarily focuses on the details of analysis and therapy through interaction, sharing, and Q&A. Attendees are encouraged to implement the therapy tasks with at least one child/student.
Dates & Agenda: Coming Soon!
Registration for this group has closed. More sessions coming in 2024! Join the waitlist for access to early registration.
- Limited to the first 20 people to enroll (must have a minimum of 10*).
- A one-year Professional subscription to SpeechTherapyPD.com is included for non-subscribers.
- 4 guided 90-minute group discussions and lessons.
- Each session will begin with a mentor presentation followed by a group discussion of case studies and applications.
- Bring specific case studies to be discussed.
- Discussion group available during the week for your cohort on The SLP Hub community forum.
- Post-group access to the private mentor group discussion forum.
- Pre-requisite courses assigned by the mentor may be required.
- Sessions will be recorded for future reference and in case of a missed session.
- Sessions are offered for ASHA CEUs (must attend live).
Why choose Deep Dive Study Groups?
SpeechTherapyPD.com Deep Dive Study Groups include a Professional Subscription (access 1000+ CE courses through webinars, seminars, and podcasts, plus get full access to The SLP Hub), four 90-minute interactive sessions, and post-group access to a peer private discussion forum. If you’re not currently a Professional Subscriber, this will cost $359. If you’re already a Professional Subscriber, you’ll pay $160.
On average, six hours of 1:1 consultant calls can cost anywhere between $600 and $1,050 – And that’s without access to an entire library of courses available for ASHA CEUs and support through a private discussion forum. With the SpeechTherapyPD.com Deep Dive Study Group, you get so much more. This is truly an opportunity for ongoing education, cohort support, and group support through the private discussion forum. The value can’t be beat!
By registering for a Deep Dive Study Group you are agreeing to our Participant Agreement.
Refund Policy: You must email email@example.com for all refund requests within seven days of purchase. Requests received after that, until seven days from the start of the Deep Dive Study Group, will be eligible for credit to apply to another Deep Dive Study Group within 12 months of purchase. Credit may transfer to another person. No refund or credit from seven days prior to the start of the group.
*Groups that do not meet the minimum of 10 enrollees may be canceled, and a refund will be issued within 30 days.
“I am deeply grateful for the unforgettable learning experience with Char. It was an eye opening conversation, and I am already using Char’s recommendations and doing my homework. Thank you for your wonderful program. I am highly recommending it to my colleagues and families in my care.
My warmest regards to Char. She is phenomenal!” Inna